Bowfishing update

General Bowfishing talk....

Moderators: Jakkas, Guardian, hawkster, Gerhard, jcdup, James, timspawn

Bowfishing update

Postby Dimitri » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:55 pm

Hi all

Firstly, I just wanted to be clear that I do not represent anyone here. I have never bowfished, I only just bought my hunting bow the other day and I am not a specimen angler. My only motivation for getting involved was because I think that it is important that all fishermen and hunters respect each other and work together to overcome the challenges that face us. It was sad to see outdoor enthusiasts "attacking each other".

Update:

1. The senior management of SABA, ABO and Africa's Bowhunter magazine have been briefed on the bowfishing issue and are looking into it. A request was made for them to get in touch with Andre to discuss matters.

2. There has been an effort from one of the forum members to see whether there is common ground between the spearfishermen and bowfishermen. It may / may not be logical that these two groups align to form one association.

3. A great initiative was the creation of a Bowfishing section on the forum and the request for bowfishing guidelines. It seems that there was a lot of constructive comment and useful information that can possibly be used in future. A pity that some nastiness began to kreep in again. Keep it positive, guys.

4. I have made Andre aware of the bowfishing section and the positive contributions regarding rules and guidelines. I invited him to give his own guidelines / comments on the forum but, although he did visit, he feels that the hostile atmosphere does not allow for decent discussion.

5. I also asked Andre whether, given the positive steps taken on the forum i.e. the creation of a bowfishing section, discussion on rules & guidelines etc, he would consider taking down his anti-bowfishing article. He said that he may change it in future.

All in all, there are enough positives for optimism.

I hope that the relevant people (SABA, ABO Africa's Bowhunter, Andre) will keep us up-to-date on any progress from here onwards.

Considering that there have been 69 replies and 1093 views of the original topic (to date), I think there will be a lot of people interested to hear what progress is being made.
Dimitri
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby jcdup » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:19 pm

Well done Dimitri!

Cheers

Johann
~
In the end time will tell...
jcdup
Lieutenant General (Super Mod)
Lieutenant General (Super Mod)

Postby Guardian » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:57 pm

Wish all could be as subjective as you !

Thanks Dimitri :D

regards,
Dirk
Bowtech Reign 6 & Experience
600gn arrows
Guardian
Major General (Moderator)

Postby theedge » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:04 pm

Dankie vir elke ou se moeite hetsy hy skiet jag vang of wat ook al ek doen baie dinge nie. Maar moet ook aan ander dink so doen jou ding en dink ook aan my as ek my ding wil doen en geniet. Dankie aan julle wat so hard probeer om alles en almal gelukig te hou en die klomp .............. in lyn te kry 8)
theedge
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby edge » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:13 pm

Well done Dimitri ! I understand a meeting between you guys, Adre ,SABA and ABO has a meeting in the pipe line later this month. I think at this meeting “we” all will benefit and realize we are actually speaking the same language. 1. Conservation 2. Respect each others sport, Regulation.

I wish you guys well!!
12ft Alivio's
20pd Berkley mono
Mantis hooklink 15pb bs
4 rd pod su
edge
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Sniper » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:10 pm

Sniper
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby timspawn » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:51 pm

I hope you guys can work all this out. It should make for a stronger bow hunting community all around. Remember the old saying...united we stand, divided we fall....
timspawn

Postby Guardian » Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:30 pm

Sniper, did you pick him up at a bowfishing locale ? Maybe one of those platties who were shooting the spawning fish ??

Looks more like he could be your fish retriever with that long neck and those gripping teeth !!! :lol:
Bowtech Reign 6 & Experience
600gn arrows
Guardian

Postby Sniper » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:27 am

Guardian :wink:

Makes a great fish gripper by pushing its legs together and the mouth snaps like a snapper. Very effective to grip a "rock-od"
Sniper
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Return to General Bowfishing Discussion