Interest in Hunting the USA?

For all our fellow bowhunting friends across the oceans.....(English only)

Moderators: Jakkas, Guardian, hawkster, Gerhard, Ranger, jcdup, James, timspawn

Postby jcdup » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:12 am

slowpoke:

That also sounds like my dream hunt. I would love to spend 2-3 like that. Hmmm, maybe even Alaska :)
~
In the end time will tell...
jcdup
Lieutenant General (Super Mod)
Lieutenant General (Super Mod)

yes

Postby Tom » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:06 pm

True wilderness hunts like that are still available. I would like to do one myself.
Tom
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby Reinier van Rooyen » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:29 pm

I think a trip like that would be a once in a lifetime experience,kudos Slowpoke,it never even crossed my mind. I would add one item/tool to the list tough,a flyrod,yeah,I think a 8wt Sage will do nicely on a trip like that.
80# Bowtech Allegiance @ 28"
70# Elite Envy @ 28"
Carbon Express Mayhem Hunters
Carbon Express Pile Driver Hunters
G5 Montech,T3 & Havoc
Slicktrick
Rage
Spitfire
Reinier van Rooyen
Corporal
Corporal

Postby SlowPoke » Sat May 16, 2009 9:04 pm

Speak of the devil. It just so happens that I will be in Denver, Colorado the first week of November. It's not quite Missouri, but do you (Tom) have any detail on hunts that time of year?

I am seriously considering staying a few extra days to hunt something. Not sure what would be affordable but that is a problem I can solve. You don't know of anyone who would like to exchange a hunt experience? Something like assist me to hunt a stag/bear/whatever and come over to SA and I will reciprocate with a kudu/eland/zebra/whatever hunt on this side?
"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in a large group..."
SlowPoke
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Tom » Mon May 18, 2009 5:25 am

Hmm. Your timing should be pretty good actually. Feel free to email me. I don't have any direct contacts out there but might be able to help in some way. Tom
Tom
Private First Class
Private First Class

times are tough

Postby gary graham » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:41 pm

guy's we need to let our game farmers in SA know that the USA is hard hit my brother lives there and times are tough
prices in the USA are madness i moose 18k$ mad quite mad
Gary
gary graham
Corporal
Corporal

Postby Drenalinjunkie » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:37 pm

ludwig wrote::shock: :shock: That is quite a lot of dough. $10k translates to about R100k. Just for comparison I compiled a list of animals that I would be able to hunt with R100k. (I used +- Trophy Prices for locals)

Kudu Trophy Bull (R12k)
Eland Trophy Bull (R10k)
Zebra (R6k)
Nyala Trophy Bull (14k)
Waterbuck Trophy Bull (R8k)
Buffalo Cow - TB (R15k)
Giraffe Bull (R18k)
Bushbuck Trophy Bull (R5k)
Gemsbok Trophy (R6k)
Blue Wildebeest Trophy Bull (R4k)
Impala Trophy Ram (R2k)

All the above for the price of 1 Moose?? :shock: :shock: That is stiff to say the least! Now I understand why the International hunters hunt 20 animals on 1 trip to Africa...

A friend of mine has just cancelled on his Mountain Nyala hunt as the outfitted increased the prices again. $75,000-00 was his threshhold! He said that he is only willing to pay up to a certain amount for an animal..... I must say that there is only 1 African GAME animal left for him to take and that's the mountain nyala
Drenalinjunkie
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby gary graham » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:15 am

the guys in SA have to keep the clients happy the Usa and europe dont have the bucks they use to have we gotta not tear the base out of the hunting or they will do our next door countries Moz,Zim,Bots etc
Gary
gary graham
Corporal
Corporal

Postby Kameeldoring » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:26 pm

Good day Tom.

Can you give us some idea how much a ‘normal’ hunt will cost. This is for Whitetails etc.

And it would help if you can guide me of where in the US it would be and some web addresses will centrally help.

What do we need to hunt in the US e.g. licenses and and. What do we need to do to get these docs done?

And lastly the method of hunt. And what methods can we use or ask for over there.

Thanks
Kameeldoring
Private
Private

Postby timspawn » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:30 pm

Kameeldoring wrote:Good day Tom.

Can you give us some idea how much a ‘normal’ hunt will cost. This is for Whitetails etc.

And it would help if you can guide me of where in the US it would be and some web addresses will centrally help.

What do we need to hunt in the US e.g. licenses and and. What do we need to do to get these docs done?

And lastly the method of hunt. And what methods can we use or ask for over there.

Thanks

Where you hunt will determine the cost. You can come here and hunt with me and it will only cost you about $60 for a license and the game you take will be free. Or you can hunt with an outfitter and have a chance at taking a trophy animal. As far as those hunts go the sky is the limit. I would say they start at $1500 and go to $10,000 for high fence hunts. If you hunt with me you "may" get a chance to shoot a deer. You will most likely get to shoot a hog. It all depends on where you go and who you go with. If you want more info let me know.

Tim
Mathews Z7
Easton Axis FMJ Dangerous Game
Montec 125grn
timspawn
Major General (Moderator)
Major General (Moderator)

Postby Reinier van Rooyen » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:05 am

Hey Guys,

Have alook at this website from an outfter in Illinois for trophy Whitetail Buck wich was very informative and made for some intresting reading: www.gallatinbottoms.com

I can only assume it would be it would be pretty much on par for a S.A hunter visitig the USA as it would be for the inverse.
80# Bowtech Allegiance @ 28"
70# Elite Envy @ 28"
Carbon Express Mayhem Hunters
Carbon Express Pile Driver Hunters
G5 Montech,T3 & Havoc
Slicktrick
Rage
Spitfire
Reinier van Rooyen
Corporal
Corporal

Previous