Interest in Hunting the USA?

For all our fellow bowhunting friends across the oceans.....(English only)

Moderators: Jakkas, Guardian, hawkster, Gerhard, Ranger, jcdup, James, timspawn

Postby Tom » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:47 pm

Hmm. Maybe some brand new arrows and broadheads or other archery gear.... :lol:

I have heard that the prices on archery gear is significantly higher over there.
Tom
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby Fender » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:19 pm

MUCH. My brother is over there in Calorado. He ships me most of my toys and even with shipping it is much less expensive!

On a serious note. When are you planning to come hunt here in SA?
*BOWTECH 101st Airborne*
*Make DEAD Sure*
Fender
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby hawkster » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:52 am

Tom I will also try and assist you with a hunting trip and save you a couple of cents
The Challenge of the Hunt is why Bow Hunters Hunt!!
hawkster
Lieutenant General (Super Mod)

Postby GrootWildJagter » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:45 am

Hi Tom, and welcome.

As I understand, it is LAW that international hunters go through an Outfitter and use a PH. To become an outfitter costs a pretty penny, and that is why international hunters pay more expensive trophy fees. Also, if you want your trophies shipped back to USA you will need these guys.

But I am sure there are loop holes in the system and ways to do it cheaper. Maybe someone here will be able to help you. I think Ingozi(Engee) has helped quite a few guys out, maybe he wil be able to give you more advice. Send him a PM
Elite Synergy 80#
Carbon Express 75-90
NAP Spitfire XP
G5 Striker
Cobra Slide sight
GrootWildJagter
Captain
Captain

Postby karoi » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:25 pm

Hi Tom, and welcome.

As I understand, it is LAW that international hunters go through an Outfitter and use a PH. To become an outfitter costs a pretty penny, and that is why international hunters pay more expensive trophy fees. Also, if you want your trophies shipped back to USA you will need these guys.

I agree 100% with you and there are a lot of hidden cost as well.

But I am sure there are loop holes in the system and ways to do it cheaper. Maybe someone here will be able to help you. I think Ingozi(Engee) has helped quite a few guys out, maybe he wil be able to give you more advice. Send him a PM

I don't agree with you on this point. I loop hole is safe till the paw paw strike the fan. If a client got injured on a trip and not hunting with a PH then there will be big problems
karoi
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby GrootWildJagter » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:36 pm

Kario, I don't mean illegal loop holes :) Maybe a better discription wil be something like shortcut or something

Tom, you can also try Kario game farm, you will find many posts on this forum about them. I have not been there, but surely looks like they kknow what they are doing.

Maybe he will give you some discount because of your membership here ... lol :D
Elite Synergy 80#
Carbon Express 75-90
NAP Spitfire XP
G5 Striker
Cobra Slide sight
GrootWildJagter
Captain
Captain

Postby Ranger » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:37 pm

karoi wrote:I don't agree with you on this point. I loop hole is safe till the paw paw strike the fan. If a client got injured on a trip and not hunting with a PH then there will be big problems

I disagree, seriously what's the difference between a tourist who gets hurt while walking through the bush with a camera in his hands and one that's carrying a bow? Or what is the difference between a South African walking in the veld vs a tourist?

Fair enough rules are rules, but I'm just trying to make a point here.

Ranger
A & H ACS CX takedown 50#@28"
Ranger
Major General (Moderator)
Major General (Moderator)

Postby karoi » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:49 pm

I disagree, seriously what's the difference between a tourist who gets hurt while walking through the bush with a camera in his hands and one that's carrying a bow? Or what is the difference between a South African walking in the veld vs a tourist?

Fair enough rules are rules, but I'm just trying to make a point here.

I understand your point but unfortunatly that is part of the Environmental act of SA that says: that no overseas hunters may hunt in SA without been accompanied by an SA Proffessional hunter. Part of the tourism industry The Tourism board of SA is currently busy upgrading their Laws that tourists must be accompanied by an qualified gide.

Have you seen the article in the Beeld newspaper today.
karoi
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby ludwig » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:12 pm

karoi wrote:Have you seen the article in the Beeld newspaper today.

Jip, here is the article:
http://jv.news24.com/Beeld/Suid-Afrika/ ... 33,00.html
"All our knowledge has its origins in our perceptions" ~ Leonardo da Vinci
ludwig
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby hawkster » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:28 pm

ek dink die volgende se alles:

Landdros Pat Cloete het in sy uitspraak gesê Mnguni was tydens die voorval nie ’n opgeleide of geregistreerde veldwagter nie.

“Dit is onmenslik om iemand aan te stel wat nie gekwalifiseer is nie,” het Cloete in sy uitspraak gesê.

en dan vra ek myself af hoe kon n ander lodge dieselfde ou weer aanstel as hy nie opgelei is nie of is dit n geval om hulle BEE status te verhoog??
The Challenge of the Hunt is why Bow Hunters Hunt!!
hawkster

Postby Tom » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:51 pm

I didn't necessarily meant to start a war on this topic. I understand the need to have a guide or PH. It helps bring in money for the country and it is a lot more fun to hunt with them anyways. I am just looking for a hunt where the disparity between SA and international prices isn't so great. I'm not a rich guy and i'm just trying to see if there is anyone who wants some business (who would charge me reasonable rates). That is NOT why i'm on this website, it was merely just a point of discussion.

I will be happy to utilize the services of a guide or PH on my next trip over. Like i said, that is half the fun. Getting to meet someone new and become friends throughout the course of the hunt. I just don't want to pay "first timer" rates again. They are seriously expensive.

That being said, you guys do have the most beautiful countryside and variety of animals. I cannot wait to return!!
Tom
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby karoi » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:56 pm

Tom no problem. We need to discuss stuff like this, it is very important.
Good luck and we enjoy your input on this forum.
karoi
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Reinier van Rooyen » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:56 pm

Hey Tom

I would love to hunt in the US for some MONSER Whitetail bucks.
80# Bowtech Allegiance @ 28"
70# Elite Envy @ 28"
Carbon Express Mayhem Hunters
Carbon Express Pile Driver Hunters
G5 Montech,T3 & Havoc
Slicktrick
Rage
Spitfire
Reinier van Rooyen
Corporal
Corporal

Postby Andre van Tonder » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:30 pm

Hi Tom

One of my dreams that I would like to realise over the next three to four years is to shoot a nice white tail, Elk, moose and mule deer (off course not on one trip)

Please PM me with your e-mail address so that we can stay in touch and I can contact you once my plans work out and I am in a position to start organising the hunts.
It is by doing today what others won't that we will have tomorrow what others don't
Andre van Tonder
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby SlowPoke » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:43 am

Tom

Nice can of worms mate. My fantasy hunt (based on tv mostly and possibly totally silly) would be to visit something like the great lakes areas (up North, Canada even), depart on a canoe and into the wilderness. Find, walk and stalk and finally bring back a whitetail (or similar, species type not a major factor). You know real frontiersman stuff. I don't even know if such things are still possible but that would be what I'd like to do. 8)

Oh what I wanted to add was that if you were to join one of our local hunts with local hunters then I am sure a better price can be arranged. Specially if one of the blokes in the group is a PH - and quite a few of our hunters are.
"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in a large group..."
SlowPoke
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to International Corner