Need advice/assistance/info on organising a hunt in states

For all our fellow bowhunting friends across the oceans.....(English only)

Moderators: Jakkas, Guardian, hawkster, Gerhard, Ranger, jcdup, James, timspawn

Need advice/assistance/info on organising a hunt in states

Postby SlowPoke » Fri May 15, 2009 3:19 pm

Hi there

hoping this reaches the ears of some of our American friends. I am in Denver Colorado in the first week of November for a conference. I would love to hunt something there. Of course bears immediately come to mind but I'll probably be able to afford whatever the cheapest animal there is - I have no idea what animals cost there.

So if anyone can assist or give advice - that would be great!
"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in a large group..."
SlowPoke
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby timspawn » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:36 pm

I would suggest that you start here.
http://wildlife.state.co.us/Hunting/

Most all big game animals "out west" require that you draw a permit. You may be able to do an American bison hunt on short notice. I'm afraid you will be shocked at the prices of most guided hunts here. If I can help at all please feel free to contact me. I am about as far from Colorado as I can get but I would be happy to help if I can. If you ever get to Florida I can take you hunting personaly.

Tim
Mathews Z7
Easton Axis FMJ Dangerous Game
Montec 125grn
timspawn
Major General (Moderator)

Postby SlowPoke » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:55 pm

Tim

Thank you for the reply. The trip is confirmed and I am definately visiting the states. What is available in Florida (supposing I can get myself to your neck of the woods) to hunt at short notice? I may be out of time already but over here we decide on a Friday morning to go for a weekend hunt - very simple process here. I am also fully aware that I do not have a cooking clue how to go about doing a hunt in the states in terms of paperwork etc that needs doing. Your help would be instrumental if I were to get this done. :wink:

Slowpoke
"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in a large group..."
SlowPoke
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby timspawn » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:40 pm

SlowPoke wrote:Tim

Thank you for the reply. The trip is confirmed and I am definately visiting the states. What is available in Florida (supposing I can get myself to your neck of the woods) to hunt at short notice? I may be out of time already but over here we decide on a Friday morning to go for a weekend hunt - very simple process here. I am also fully aware that I do not have a cooking clue how to go about doing a hunt in the states in terms of paperwork etc that needs doing. Your help would be instrumental if I were to get this done. :wink:

Slowpoke

It is also a simple process where I live. No special permits are required. Gun season will be open in November. We will be hunting deer and hogs. All you would have to buy is a non resident hunting license. A 10 day non resident license is $46.50. Let me know if you think you will be coming to Florida and we can work out the details.

Tim
Mathews Z7
Easton Axis FMJ Dangerous Game
Montec 125grn
timspawn

Return to International Corner